Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2017 21:28:01 +0200
From:      Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org,  gnn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Status of FUSE in FreeBSD kernel

Hi George,

On Aug 14 2017, Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 08:46:07PM +0200, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
>> Is there some resource that gives an overview of the features supported
>> by the FUSE kernel module in FreeBSD?
>
> George Neville-Neil (CC'ed) wrote FreeBSD's fuse kernel module. Maybe he
> can help you.

Could you tell me if FreeBSD's fuse module supports any kind of ioctl on
files or directories? I am struggling to get the Linux example to work
under FreeBSD. Issuing the ioctl always fails with "Inappropriate ioctl
for device".

Secondly, am I right to assume that in FreeBSD, FUSE filesystems can
only be mounted in directories (but not files)? Under Linux, the
mountpoint can also be a file.

Thanks!
-Nikolaus

--=20
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F

             =C2=BBTime flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana.=C2=
=AB