Date:      Thu, 15 May 2008 09:29:11 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB HID parser

Hello,

On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:10:46 -0400
Chuck Robey <chuckr@telenix.org> wrote:

> After getting no response to any requests for any feedback (like
> alpha test, but about either the protocol features, OR the
> accessibility of the UI) I begin to wonder if there is really any
> interest pool for this.  Unless I get at least *some* feedback, I

Migt I respectfully suggest that no response is because you did the
"show and tell2 backwards?
I think you would have gotten more responses if your mail had included
a link to a place on the net where the tool could be downloaded.

I'll use myself as an example: for my personal use, I use and test lots
of usb devices on FreeBSD (what can I say - I am a gadget freak), so I
am a bit interested.
But asking for something in a mail is just so 90'es.
I prefer to get my programs, source, and information off the net.

Just my 20 eurocents (and written with a light twinkle of humor in my
eye).

> will make it available, but no port.  Geeze, it doesn't need one!  If

Any tool worth anything _deserves_ a port. And it helps with exposure,
as has been said elsewere in this thread.

> I'm beginning to wonder if I will have even one FreeBSDer who wants
> it,  Might get rid of a couple of Linux versions.  I hate to admit

I want it - butt _not_ in my mail, please. Put it up somehwere on the
net and tell us about it.

> that it works just as well on Windows, darn it.  Maybe I could figure
> out how to break it for Windows, what do you say?

I don't care about windows one way or the other (I use it for work
because Ihave to, not because I like or prefer it).
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,