Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:07:03 -0700
From:      Robert Clark <res03db2@gte.net>
To:        Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Evan Leibovitch on BSD

IBM, the company who lost control of one of the most successful
hardware platforms of all time? aka the PC.

IBM, the company who lost control of one of the most successful
software platforms of all time? aka Windows.

IBM, the company who shares a processor family with Apple?

Will Linux enable IBM to make AIX 5L take the place of OS/2 as
the industry's favorite punchline?

What is the dollar value of being at the large end of a market
defined by loss leaders?

[RC]