Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:30:28 -0500
From:      "Robinson, Scott" <Scott.Robinson@morganstanley.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installation freeBSD

To all-

I just set up FreeBSD on my PC as the sole OS.  But FreeBSD is not
recognizing my IDE CD-ROM drive.  Configuring the kernel I made ATA/ATAPI
IP #14 with 0x1F0 ( I left the flags alone). I confirmed that my NEC CDROM
is set as a slave on the primary port with the hard drive set as master.
The probe response says: ata0:  ATA identify retries exceeded.  What else
can I try?

Thanks.

**** Important Notice to Recipients ****
It is important that you do not use e-mail to request, authorize or effect
the purchase or sale of any security or commodity, to send fund transfer
instructions, or to effect any other transactions.  Any such request,
orders, or instructions that you send will not be accepted and will not be
processed by Morgan Stanley.