Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:10:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Andrey Chernov <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        freebsd-standards@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: standards/63173: Patch to add getopt_long_only(3) to libc

The following reply was made to PR standards/63173; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrey Chernov <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To: Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, ru@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:04:57 +0300

 On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 05:12:41PM +0100, Marius Strobl wrote:
 > > It means your patch for header is wrong. If POSIX says that getopt() must
 > > be declared in <unistd.h>, it is only place where is must be declared, and
 > > not in <getopt.h> etc. If you need its declaration in non-standard header
 > > <getopt.h>, <unistd.h> must be included, as was done before your patch.
 >
 > Well, that's exactly the point where I got confused as e.g. according

 It seems now I change my mind a bit. It will be no harm, if we use
 _GETOPT_DECLARED in both <unistd.h> and <getopt.h> becayse GNU getopt.h we
 attempt to mimic to does not suppose to reveal all <unistd.h> functions by
 including getopt.h. I'll take care of that.

 --
 Andrey Chernov | http://ache.pp.ru/