Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:02:21 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   ...WELL, latest adventures of The Gary in the Dell

	Guys,

	And this is to all the wizards on-list:  Why does Gnome take
	minutes to load?   Yes, I finally got 6.3-PRERELEASE to boot
	after learning that Dell has problems with its serial ports
	(and Unix).  I did see a few postings about the increased
	delay time to bring up the windowing system, but didn't know it
	would apply to 6.3 ....

	In an earlier diagnostic attempt I commented out much of my
	sysctl.conf and related lines in /etc/rc.conf and /devfs.rules.
	So is there any way of reinitializing these hint and setting short
	of rebooting???  Tweaking the BIOS has me rolling again.

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix