Date:      Sat, 2 May 2009 17:19:16 +0200
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        Donald T Hayford <don@donhayford.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with Marvel kernel for 88F5512

On 2009-05-02, at 04:54, Donald T Hayford wrote:

> Rafal Jaworowski wrote:
>>
>> On 2009-05-01, at 04:07, Donald T Hayford wrote:
>>> twsi0: <Marvell Integrated I2C Bus Controller> at mem
>>> 0xf1011000-0xf101101f on mbus0
>>> iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on twsi0
>>> iicbus0: <unknown card> at addr 0
>>> iic0: <I2C generic I/O> on iicbus0
>>> pcib1: <Marvell 88F5182 PCI-X host controller> at mem
>>> 0xf1030000-0xf1031fff on mbus0
>>>
>>> At this point, the device hangs until I reboot it.
>>
>> Could you please compile out PCI support to see whether this hang
>> is somehow PCI-related?
>>
> The Kurobox Pro appears to be booting more-or-less correctly now.
> Following is the boot up message.

It appears there are some problems around PCI then. Are there any
peripheral devices behind the PCI bridge on the KBP device? Very
likely the IRQ routing map is different on your board than the default
(DB-88F5281 board). The pci_irq_map[] table (sys/arm/mv/orion/
db88f5xxx.c) needs to be verified against KBP interrupts connections
and adjusted accordingly (actually a dedicated file should be provided
as a final solution for your device: sys/arm/mv/orion/kuroboxpro.c or
so, with with all board-specific items equivalent to what we have for
DB- systems).

> Note towards the end a warning about "no time-of-day clock".  The
> kernel is also not recognizing the attached SATA drive (because PCI
> is disabled?) or USB disk.

Time of day wanings are likely due to no driver for the RTC part (the
default compiled in is DS133x). What RTC chip is there on the KBP
device?

There's no driver in the tree for the integrated SATA controller at
the moment, but it's currently under work.

The problems with USB device not recognized could be related to the
new USB stack, which wasn't much tested on MV systems. Please switch
to the legacy stack and let us know if the problem persists.

Rafal