Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 00:32:17 -0500
From:      "Ben Goodwin" <ben@hamsterville.ultranet.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   automatic user password expiration?

I'm having trouble locating dox on how to (or maybe it's not possible?) set
an expiry date for a particular user's password ... Hopefully to the effect
of preventing login via any getpw* routines until the expire is re-set or
something ... I'm running 226R .. but if I need to be running a later
version, that's OK, I just need to know what version and how to do it. ...
Hopefully I can query the system as to what the expire date for a particular
user is, too ...

Perhaps there's a better way to do what I'm looking to do.
I want to set up accounts that are pre-paid for N number of days.  Once N
days have passed (and assuming they haven't paid and we've added N number
more days to the current 'expire' date), they lose the ability to
authenticate with POP, ftp, radius, etc ...

I'm also wondering if anyone's done any sort of PAM <-> LDAP integration ..
I'd really like to use LDAP but don't have the time to spend augmenting all
the programs I need to use to work with LDAP ..

Suggestions?  Thanks!

    -=| Ben