Date:      Fri, 25 Dec 1998 15:23:34 -0600
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing over ppp - never mind

Never mind, I have figured it out: My ISP's secretary gave me the wrong DNS
number.

>Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 18:54:09 -0600
>To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
>From: "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
>Subject: Installing over ppp
>
>Hello,
>
>I am trying to install FreeBSD from your ftp site using ppp. After I
connect to my isp with ppp and network connection is established, I press
Alt-F1, then enter.

>My screen turns blue, with a large cursor at the left of the bottom line,
and it just sits there. No data is trasmitted over the modem (the lights do
not flash).

>After a few minutes I press ctl-alt-del, and it asks me whether I really
want to abort. If I say no, it just keeps sitting there. I finally said
yes, since I obviously do not know what else to do.

>Please advise,
>
>Adam

           ===> Whiz Kid Technomagic <===
             http://www.whizkidtech.net/
    The resource center for webmasters and web users
       Winner of the Starting Point Hot Site award
            Winner of the Lighthouse Award
             Home of the Web Magic Award