Date:      Thu, 03 Dec 1998 15:13:51 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
Cc:        Pat Lynch <lynch@rush.net>, Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>, Jean-Marc Beaudoin <jmb@merlin.vipxlnet.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About X-Windows client

Scott Mitchell wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 09:22:59AM -0500, Pat Lynch wrote:
> > HUmmingbird and the like used to do it with rsh/rlogin. -P

> > Pat Lynch                                             lynch@rush.net
> > Systems Administrator                                 Rush Networking

> > On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Patrick Gardella wrote:
> >
> > > I've not seen a script such as that.  I would think that if Microimages knew of
> > > one, they would ship it with MI/X.  But others may know how to do it.  I try to
> > > avoid the windows world as much as possible.  :)
> > >
> > > Patrick
> > >

> I've used xrsh and xrlogin to do this for years now.  Of course, they won't
> work on Winblows unless you happen to have sh, rsh and numerous other
> things there as well.  If you can find a windows rsh client that will let
> you pass environment variables across, it ought to be possible.

http://www.winfiles.com

and search for rshrcp32 or rcprsh32. I'm not sure of the exact name as
I'm not at home. There are 2 parts. An rsh daemon and the
rcp/rsh/rexec programs.

> xrsh/xrlogin can be found at (amongst other places):
>
> ftp://sunsite.org.uk/Mirrors/ftp.x.org/contrib/utilities/xrsh-5.8.shar.gz
>
> HTH,
>
>         Scott.
>
> --

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd.
Bath, Avon, England.  Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com