Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 2014 20:21:41 -0000
From:      g8kbvdave@googlemail.com
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Advice/guidance requested.

Hi.

FreeBSD 9.2 release.
Fixed IP on my LAN (behind a NAT router)

Could someone knowlegable in the art of, take a look at the guide at :-
http://www.a1poweruser.com/35.00-Jails_guide_article.php

I wish to build a jail for a web/ftp server, that will be publicly accessable.

The closest I've got jail wise, is trying to use the "Modern rc.d method",
documented in at the guide site above.

The structure builds OK, but the jail wont start.
"no such jail" or somesuch is the error.   But, when I look in the directories, and
conf files, the expected name is there just fine.

If that guide is in error somehow, or one or other script is bad, does anyone
know who created it so I can contact them?   I can find no contact details on
that website.

The guide doesn't mention it, but I find I have to manually create the directory
path   /usr/local/etc/rc.d   for the two "bootime" scripts.    Or...  Is that an
indication of some other fundamental difference between FBSD 9.1 and 9.2 ?

I've done this over three times now, for each of the documented methods, on a
real hardware system, and a VBox VM, with the exact same result.   (The VM is
so much easier to recover from such a problem, just delete the clone with the
buggy jail, clone another base system and start over.)

PLEASE don't just point me at "The Handbook".  It's useless if you don't already
know what to do.   (And in all honesty, even if you do, it's not often much help
I find.)

Thanks In Advance.

Dave B.