Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 04:01:53 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Gustaf Tham <gus@algonet.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How can KDE 2.0 be so slow?

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 12:43:05PM +0200, Gustaf Tham wrote:

> Is it really possible that the new versions of KDE decrease performance this much?

Anything's possible :-)

I definitely noticed the slowdown myself when I briefly tried KDE2: I
used to use an old version of KDE 1 on my pentium 120 a few years ago,
and it was slowish, but usable; KDE2 is too slow to be usable on my
PPro 233.  I just happily use Windowmaker.

Kris

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--