Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:17:19 +0100
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Polled mode with device.hints

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 05:37:49PM +1100, Bruce Evans wrote:
> For sio, polled mode is configured by not creating an irq resource.
> Leave the irq out of the device line in the config file for RELENG_4,
> and don''t configure a hint for the irq in 5.x.  This might not actually
> work since PNP or ACPI etc may always create an irq resource.

Thanks for the info.

But what about ppc0 ?  I have to remove the IRQ line as well?
(sorry I can't test now)

I also noted that lptcontrol(8) "does not" work under 4.X and 5.X.
It seems that since lpt(4) use ppbus(4), it is not possible to use
lptcontrol(8).  Well maybe that question does not fit with
freebsd-current mailing list :)

Marc