Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:57:14 -0400
From:      Sigmascape1@cs.com
To:        pfak@telus.net ("Peter Kieser")
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and the future

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I am looking for direction in terms of comparing FreeBSD and mainstream Linux distros. I am not looking to debate the merits of text-based installation vs. gui-based. Where can I go to find out the differences?

In my business, graphics, I use Macs and Windows machines. Linux is used for serving data and the like, but is beginning to open up some possibilities to me on the client side. Among other things, I need to know if I can turn someone loose on FreeBSD that is not overly computer literate... strictly word procesing, email and web surfing. Also, in terms of server use, how much different would it be to set up a FreeBSD server than setting up a SuSE Linux-based server.

Just looking for some links and/or general data.

MLF