Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:23:37 -0400
From:      "SILVER, MICHAEL A" <MSILVER@scana.com>
To:        "'Sven Vermeulen'" <pe2tcp@zonnet.nl>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD questions mailinlist'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: diffrence between freebsd books

The Complete BSD is a great starters manual.  I have the Handbook, but not
in book form, and I rarely reference it because of this.  The Complete BSD
takes you step by step building a kernel, setting up source updates, etc.
Some areas could be better covered (such as setting up gateways), but these
areas are well covered on various web sites.

I found I don't use about 60% of the book, simply because I don't use
sendmail, or qpopper, but the other 40% I use quite regularly.  I would be
lost without it (I am a newbie).  I would recommend it (if you can get a
decent price on it), especially if your friend is new to FreeBSD.

...Michael...

  If this email was sent to you by mistake or if you are not an intended recipient, please delete it, destroy any hard
copies, including attachments, and notify me by return email. The unauthorized use, distribution or reproduction of
this email is prohibited and may be unlawful.