Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 1996 22:15:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        softweyr@xmission.com (Softweyr LLC)
Subject:   Slowest machine [Was: TCP/IP ick!]

As Softweyr LLC wrote:

> My sister needs a machine to run educational programs for her kids,
> so "boat anchor" is going to her.  I'll be replacing it with "danforth",
> a 486 DX/33 with a 340 Mb IDE drive.  <Sigh>  It'll be a much more
> capable server (probably) but it just won't have the character.  ;^)

Sigh, yep, the good ol' machines are dying away...  My old 386/sx16
scratchbox with its proud 6 MB of RAM has been upgraded recently to a
(donated) 386/dx40, and i had to add another couple of Meg of RAM
then...  Of course, i've kept the old MDA, plus the (For Tests Only)
QIC-40 drive, plus the Wangtek 5150EQ QIC-24 drive, plus the old
AHA-1540*A*. ;-)  Ah, forgot, there's a fine WD8003 ethernet card in
it...

--
cheers, J"org