Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:36:44 +0100
From:      Roman Pavlik <rp@tns.cz>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kldload ipl: symbol pfil_add_hook undefined

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 08:05:31PM +0100, Roman Pavlik wrote:
> Another problem is, that I'd like to use ipfilter, but there
> is no /dev/ipl on my ultra5 FreeBSD installation. There is
> even no MAKEDEV in /dev directory.

I decided to install FreeBSD-5.0-DP2 from iso-image just to
have the same installation like all the others here.
Unfortunately, I still have the problem with ipl:

On fresh FreeBSD-5.0-DP2 installation on Ultra5:

# kldload /boot/kernel/ipl.ko
link_elf: symbol pfil_add_hook undefined
kldload: can't load /boot/kernel/ipl.ko: No such file or directory

# ls -al /boot/kernel/ipl.ko
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  146528 Nov 20 16:47 /boot/kernel/ipl.ko

Can anybody pls. try to do kldload ipl.ko?

Thank you,
--
Roman