Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:29:54 -0500
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Neal Hogan <nealhogan@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Why do you use a devil as a mascot?

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 09:36:29PM -0500, Alejandro Imass wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Neal Hogan <nealhogan@gmail.com> wrote:

Lots of people see FreeBSD and the web site and the mascott, etc for
the first time probably each day.    Some of them will have the same
mistaken idea since the misunderstanding of it is implanted in people's
heads from an early age.    Although you may get tired of hearing that
same old argument again and again, I do, it does not automatically make a
person a troll if they ask the question.

The intelligent thing is to give a reasonable answer and point the person
to some web pages where they can become informed and then ignore it.
If they make useful use of the information, they are not a troll, just
someone needing information.   If they want to add tricky new twists
to keep the thing going, then they probably are a troll and ignoring
additional responses becomes even more important.

So, if you want other prople to use their intelligence, then practice
using yours.

////jerry