Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 2015 17:19:09 -0700
From:      Wim Lewis <wiml@omnigroup.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Naming a locally-built version of a package

Is there a particular recommended practice for naming a locally-built =
package that is built with a local patch, or different configure =
options, etc., so that it works well with the rest of the package =
system, particularly dependencies and things?

Ideally: let's say I'm building a custom version of Foo-1.3. I'd like to =
name it such that:
   - Existing packages that require Foo will be satisfied by my patched =
Foo
   - Local packages which require my patched Foo can specify a =
dependency on it
Less important but nice:
   - pkg audit will still recognize my Foo as Foo and inform me of =
things I should know
   - The system won't suggest to "upgrade" my Foo to a non-patched Foo =
of a later version=20

Is this (or a subset) possible with pkgng?