Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2015 12:14:47 +0300
From:      Dima Veselov <kab00m@lich.phys.spbu.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cross-compile and distribute updates

Hello!

I will try once more to ask this question here, because last
time I wasn't clear enough.

FreeBSD documentation and wiki have two different topics:
1. Cross-compiling world.
2. Distributing built world to other hosts.

Both work well, but they can't be combined:
1. cross-compiling want to install directly onto target through
NFS
2. distributing sync /usr/src and /usr/obj and rely on same arch
on buildhost and target, because installation use /usr/obj tools.

For now I have successfully built sparc64 world on amd64 platform.
Also, my two sparc64 platforms are in other network.

In NetBSD I can build distribution sets, unpack them into target
and use etcupdate on etc.tgz, but I can't find same technologies
in FreeBSD. What is most nice, reliable and cheap way to
cross-compile world and install it on remote machine?

--
Sincerely yours