Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:30:20 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>, Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAE (was Re: bus_dmamem_alloc_size())

Terry Lambert wrote:
> Peter Wemm wrote:
> > Terry Lambert wrote:
> > >
> > > Contact Paul Saab.
> >
> > Nope.
>
> Peter Wemm?

We've been tinkering with it, but frankly, PAE isn't as useful to us as a
larger virtual address space would be.  eg: ia64 or x86-64. There have been
various experiments and parts of the problem worked on, but nothing even
remotely complete.  Most of what I've tinkered with is available in the p4
tree.

Reliable sources tell me that this should change soon, but it is not from
Y!.  I'll leave it up to the folks involved to add more details if they
think it appropriate.  In the mean time, please stop sending people in our
direction.

Cheers,
-Peter