Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 00:04:21 -0500
From:      Tom Muchmore <tmuch@poncacitynews.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMI PERC2 RAID

	I don't really know enough to ask this question yet, but our guru is still
trying to dig up an answer and having a tough time. When we try to install
any 3.X version of FreeBSD we cannot get it to recognize our RAID
controller. It is apparently an AMI PERC2 RAID controller on a Dell
poweredge 4300. Some versions will go past the beginning recognition but
when we attempt to move on to partitioning the FreeBSD cannot find the card.
	I realize this isn't enough information to troubleshoot the problem. Just
looking to see if anyone knows that this card is or isn't supported by FreeBSD.

	Thanks, Tom