Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 1997 02:12:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      stephane@lituus.fr
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Probing problem with Sound Blaster 32

On 28 Nov , Doug White wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Nov 1997 stephane@lituus.fr wrote:
>
>> I've installed FreeBSD 2.2.5 (cdrom version) and it can't probe my Sound
>> Blaster 32 card during the boot.
>
> Could you post the relevant lines from dmesg please?

The messages are unfortunately very simple :( :

sb0 not found at 0x220
sbxvi0 not found
sbmidi0 not found at 0x330
opl0 not found at 0x388

I'm sure that the card has those parameters because :

1 - the card worked with FreeBSD 2.2.1 and those Port, DMA and IRQ.
2 - the card actually works with DOS games demo and those Port, DMA and IRQ.

I forgot to say it in my first e-mail, but i've updated my BIOS some
days before installing FreeBSD 2.2.5. Could it be the problem (i guess
no but i may try to reinstall my old bios and see what happen) ?

--
** Je recherche un emploi dans le domaine de l'informatique
** Pour consulter mon CV -> http://www.lituus.fr/stephane/