Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:24:41 -0400
From:      Fred C! <kei-29ij@myamail.com>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with sqlite3 and python

On Sep 13, 2006, at 7:17 PM, Chuck Swiger wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Fred C! wrote:
>> Hello I have a problem with Python + sqlite3. My main machine is a
>> FreeBSD 6.1 I have also try on an old machine running FreeBSD 5.5
>> and it doesn't work either. I join to this email some information.
>> I can also provide a core file if someone is  interested in
>> solving that problem.
>>
>> Thanks you for any information on how to solve this
>
> Not enough data; switch to the thread which crashed, ie got the SIG
> 11, and do a "bt" to try to see what was going wrong.
>
> Note that debugging multithreaded programs is rather difficult, and
> you might want to double-check that your basic Python installation
> is OK first by running the included self-tests which come with the
> Python distribution.  If you're using the Python from ports, try
> doing:
>
> 	cd /usr/ports/lang/python && make
> 	cd /usr/ports/lang/python/work/Python-2.4.3 && make test

As I told you in my previews emails all the python tests went with no
errors.

I have try with using postgres instead of sqlite and I got the same
problem

hugo:524> gdb /usr/local/bin/python python.core
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...(no debugging
symbols found)...
Core was generated by `python'.

[... lines deleted ...]

Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/_bisect.so
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/md5.so...
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/md5.so
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
psycopgmodule.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
psycopgmodule.so
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.4...(no debugging
symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.4
Reading symbols from /lib/libcrypt.so.2...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libcrypt.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.6...(no debugging
symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.3...(no debugging
symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.3
Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
#0  0x2822f31b in pthread_testcancel () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
(gdb)