Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 2009 01:18:15 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Text mode dialog library like TSO

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:34:52 +0100, cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws> wrote:
> Besides dialog(3), there's also a C++ class library that emulates
> Borland's Turbo Vision's SAA interface. Two implementations are
> in ports:
>
>   devel/rhtvision
>   devel/tvision

Ugh! :-) The day I got a TurboPascal 7.0 box and manuals I
stopped using this language. I hope nobody gives me a similar
box for C. :-)

After some testing, I think I'm completely happy with CDK and
forms (which is even usable for scripting).

I try to avoid C++ whenever possible, even for X interactive
applications I prefer Gtk with C.

The SAA interface is much too complicated for the things I'd
have to use it. It really needs to be as simple as possible,
with a very narrow set of functionalities. SAA/TV is really
too much ("too good") for this.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany