Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:16:14 -0600
From:      luke <lgrady@gmail.com>
To:        "M. Goodell" <freebsdutah@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Webmail Selection Setup & Configuration

> 1 - Where is a good starting point to read about configuring a webmail sy=
stem. I have looked into SquirellMail and actually installed it but I had t=
rouble with the IMAP server and security portions of it. I was not able to =
get it running very well because need more information on the various parts=
 of the complete system.

if IMAP is the issue, sqwebmail does not require imap, it accesses
maildir/'s directly. it is also a stable, useable product

> 3 - Are there good *detailed* resources available that provide procedures=
 on how to set up a webmail system and the required / recommended component=
s.

google probably provides tons of resources on just about any webmail
program ever made. don't search for webmail though, pick one and
search for _it_

good luck

luke