Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2001 02:22:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VPN Server & Win2K Client Not Connecting

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> [...]

PPTP is GRE.  GRE is an IP protocol like UDP or TCP.  Many companies have
a tendancy to block it on their firewalls.  ipfw/natd has a built-in ALG
for PPTP, nat is probably not your issue in that case (I'm not sure about
ipf/ipnat).  Make sure you allow TCP 1723 and GRE through all firewalls
(GRE is protocol 47).

Joe