Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:37:17 -0400
From:      brian.barto@spectrum-health.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install ports as non-root user?

Hi all. I'm looking to make a non-privileged user the owner of all my
software so I don't have to act as root when installing, configuring, and
updating software. Furthermore, I won't have to give out the root password
to others who need rights to configure software. I noticed my ports
collection is entirely owned by root and requires root to install. Is there
a way to install ports as a non-root user or allow non-root users to install
ports?

Thanks,
Brian