Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 13:56:28 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Don Seeger <dseeger@mail.nwkts.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Secondary IDE Controller not recognized

> Don Seeger wrote:
>
> wdc1 not found at 170
>
> we cannot seem to get our secondary ide to work at all
>
> machines are brand new and controlers do work
>
> intel chipset motherboards
>

> any thoughts or ideas
>
> thank you

You didn't say what you have on the secondary controller. FreeBSD, for
example, has problems with an improperly configured CDROM. It won't
recognize a master CDROM configured as a slave. The first device on a
controller is a master.

I'm assuming you have turned on the secondary controller in your BIOS.
The default is off.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart