Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:11:37 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        tlambert2@mindspring.com
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new kldpath(8): display/modify the module search path

Terry Lambert wrote:

> Likewise, the lack of a parallel, asynchronous resolver is a
> serious deficit in FreeBSD, which is the result of jamming
> the recolver into libc "because libresolv is how SVR4 and
> Linux do it, and it would be a pain to go through and change
> the network using ports to include the library linkage for
> the one time it would be necessary".

Full, complete patches to remove res_* from libc would be welcome.
"Full" and "Complete" means the *entire* tree.  For it to be useful
it needs to be relative to -current.  You probably need to do
some tweaks to the ports *.mk files for ports that do a 'getXXXbyYYY()'.

I await your submission.  If not, then shut up.

-Peter