Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:06:36 -0500
From:      "Michael C. Cambria" <mcc@fid4.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Soekris online kernel debugging via gdb

Hi,

On a Soekris box, is it possible to debug a FreeBSD kernel online using
remote gdb?  I already have the 2ed system to build the image for the
soekris anyway, and thus the directory with the sources and symbols.

To debug when the target is a traditional PC, I've followed the
developers handbook.  In those cases, the system had its own keyboard
and monitor.  Does anything change when the targe is a Soekris box?

Also, is using PXE an option?  I'd prefer to not have to write a new
image to flash each time changes are made to source code.

Thanks,
MikeC