Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:34:26 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        bush doctor <dervish@bantu.cl.msu.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What are the advantages of ELF kernels?

On Jan 11,  2:33pm, bush doctor wrote:
} Subject: What are the advantages of ELF kernels?
} I was just asked this question by my boss, so can someone tell me
} what are the advantages of elf kernels as opposed to aout kernels?

They are compatible with the elf gdb that you installed with the rest
of your elf userland, so you don't have to jump through hoops to build
an a.out gdb just for debugging your kernel ;-)