Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:29:40 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SSH timeouts from remote connections on 7.1beta

This is a recent phenomenon.

I use a Mac client (iTerm) to connect to all my hosts internally.  Same
network.  My connections to the FreeBSD-7.1.x system continually timeout
when idle, and I have to re-connect (thankfully, I use "screen").   It's
becoming annoying, and though I've set TcpKeepAlive, it still happens.

I'm trying to track this down and understand where the problem is.  The
connections to my other hosts (Linux and Solaris) are fine - my FreeBSD
connections have been fine until recently.

Anyone see this happening or have more info.

Thanks.

/F