Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 08:23:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        Gilad Rom <rom_glsa@ein-hashofet.co.il>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Surprise Reboots hit again :((

Gilad,

Perhaps you have aggressive memory timings set; just for kicks see if you
can back the timings off to the most conservative settings (perhaps there
is a 70ns setting you could try.)  You might also try resetting bios to
setup defaults if your bios supports that.

The fact that Win95 does not reboot pretty much means that Win95 does not
reboot.  I had bad memory in an NT system - NT got all of the way
installed and would run for a couple hours before dying; FreeBSD could
barely get started booting a kernel before it died.  The conventional
wisdom is that different operating systems tickle the hardware differently
or perhaps more intensely.

Regards,
-Chris