Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 16:28:47 -0500
From:      Ted Knight <efknight@bellsouth.net>
To:        questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Once again Okidata 6e laser printerand FreeBSD

O.K.  let me put it this way.

I have an Okidata 6e laser printer which has an HP4 emulation.
If I set the printer up as HP4 in Windoze and restart the PC with
Freebsd, I can print using apsfilter which has been configured with an
HP4 as one of the printers.

If I turn off the Okidata 6e and turn it on, then I must run Windoze to
initialize the printer to the HP4 mode.  If I don't, when I send a print
job to the printer the activity light blinks, however, no print is done.

I think some initiialization string must be sent to the 6e from Windoze,
but I don't have a clue  what it might be.
I called Okidata but the know nothing help desk person didn't even know
what I was talking about.

So, once again, does anyone out there have any experience, resolution,
or idea on this.

Please respond directly,  I no longer subscribe to the questions list.

Thanks,
T.K.