Date:      Mon, 30 May 2005 16:10:23 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To:        John Jawed <johnjawed@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [30-05-05] Layout update

Hi,

John Jawed wrote:
> I've tried to amend to the best of my ability the resizing issues mentioned
> earlier. I think, if you do not know much about CSS layouts, that you should
> expect some type of distortion at some unrealistically small resolutions
> (less than 800x600).

Try to use a fixed width for the left and right columns.

> CSS layouts are not suitable for columns, they are built to be fluid

It gets tricky.

> Again, all feedback is appreciated and looked forward to.

I would like to have bigger characters. They become pretty small on a
1280*768 with only 10".

Do not use px for the character size, use pt and you get the same
character size independent of the screen resolution.

I also use mm for the unit. This is the same story. No matter what
resolution the screen has, 10mm are 10 mm.

Erich