Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 02:50:07 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_L=F6nneker?= <bjoern@loenneker.com>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   I4B is broken in 4.4-PRERELEASE

During make buildkernel:

cc -c -O -pipe -march=pentium -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstr
ict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -
fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/sys/..
/include -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter  -D_KERNEL -include
opt_global.h -elf  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
/usr/src/sys/dev/ppbus/ppbconf.c
cc -c -O -pipe -march=pentium -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstr
ict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -
fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/sys/..
/include -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter  -D_KERNEL -include
opt_global.h -elf  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
/usr/src/sys/i4b/driver/i4b_trace.c
/usr/src/sys/i4b/driver/i4b_trace.c: In function `i4btrcioctl':
/usr/src/sys/i4b/driver/i4b_trace.c:505: `I4B_TRC_GET' undeclared (first use
in this function)
/usr/src/sys/i4b/driver/i4b_trace.c:505: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
/usr/src/sys/i4b/driver/i4b_trace.c:505: for each function it appears in.)
/usr/src/sys/i4b/driver/i4b_trace.c:506: warning: unreachable code at
beginning of switch statement
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/UNIX-SHELLS.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

uname -a:

FreeBSD unix-shells.com 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Sat Jul 28
23:13:49 CEST 2001     root@unix-shells.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/UNIX-SHELLS
i386

Kernel:

# Kernel configuration for UNIX-SHELLS.com

machine         i386
cpu             I586_CPU
ident           UNIX-SHELLS
maxusers        256

options         INET                    #InterNETworking
#options        INET6                   #IPv6 communications protocols
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         FFS_ROOT                #FFS usable as root device [keep
this!]
options         SOFTUPDATES             #Enable FFS soft updates support
options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem
options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP
THIS!]
#options        SCSI_DELAY=15000        #Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         UCONSOLE                #Allow users to grab the console
options         KTRACE                  #ktrace(1) support
options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores
options         P1003_1B                #Posix P1003_1B real-time extensions
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         ICMP_BANDLIM            #Rate limit bad replies
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev

#options        SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
#options        APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

device          isa
device          eisa
device          pci

device          fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
device          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0

device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
#device         atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
#device         atapist                 # ATAPI tape drives
#device         atapifd                 # ATAPI floppy drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering

device          atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD
device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1 flags 0x1

device          vga0    at isa?

#pseudo-device  splash

device          sc0     at isa? flags 0x100

device          npx0    at nexus? port IO_NPX irq 13

device          apm0    at nexus? disable flags 0x20 # Advanced Power
Management

device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
device          sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
device          sio2    at isa? disable port IO_COM3 irq 5
device          sio3    at isa? disable port IO_COM4 irq 9

device          ppc0    at isa? irq 7
device          ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
#device         lpt             # Printer
#device         ppi             # Parallel port interface device

#device         miibus          # MII bus support
#device         rl              # RealTek 8129/8139
#device         xl              # 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')
device          ep

pseudo-device   loop            # Network loopback
pseudo-device   ether           # Ethernet support
pseudo-device   ppp     1       # Kernel PPP
pseudo-device   tun             # Packet tunnel.
pseudo-device   pty     256     # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
#pseudo-device  gif     4       # IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling
#pseudo-device  faith   1       # IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying (translation)

options         QUOTA

pseudo-device   snp     10

#options                NETGRAPH
#options                NETGRAPH_PPPOE
#options                NETGRAPH_ETHER
#options                NETGRAPH_SOCKET

options         PPP_BSDCOMP             #PPP BSD-compress support
options         PPP_DEFLATE             #PPP zlib/deflate/gzip support
#options        PPP_FILTER              #enable bpf filtering (needs bpf)

#pseudo-device  bpf

options         AVM_A1_PCI
device          isic
pseudo-device   "i4bq921"
pseudo-device   "i4bq931"
pseudo-device   "i4b"
pseudo-device   "i4btrc"        4
pseudo-device   "i4bctl"
pseudo-device   "i4brbch"       4
pseudo-device   "i4btel"        2
pseudo-device   "i4bipr"        4
options         IPR_VJ
# enable logging of the first n IP packets to isdnd (n=32 here)
#options        IPR_LOG=32
pseudo-device   "i4bisppp"      4
pseudo-device   sppp            4

#options                NFS

#options        IPSEC                   #IP security
#options        IPSEC_ESP               #IP security (crypto; define w/
IPSEC)
#options        IPSEC_DEBUG             #debug for IP security

options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options         IPDIVERT
options         IPSTEALTH
options         DUMMYNET