Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:39:34 +0100
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xorg/xfree86

I run FreeBSD-4.10 and will remain to do so for some time. Now I read on
the fbsd site the following text:

/quote/
As mentioned in a prior section, Xorg is the default implementation of
the X Window System. The Ports Collection (as well as packages) rely on
this change to satisfy dependencies. To convert the installed windowing
system from XFree86 to Xorg, refer to the Installing X11 section in the
FreeBSD Handbook.
/endquote/

Does this mean that compiling from source will be difficult on my 4.10
machine which runs XFree86? I don't want to change to Xorg (yet).

Are there things to do to keep on running 4.10 and ports for a while
without a hassle?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)