Date:      Sun, 23 Aug 1998 22:00:19 -0700
From:      "Jonathan Roe" <jmkroe@my-dejanews.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   silo overflows and sio.c

Hi, I have been suffering from silo overflows in FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE when setting my line speed to 57600 or more. I rembered suffering serial overruns in Win95 prior to adjusting my FIFO RX and TX buffers to more conservative settings, and from what I've read in the archives they're set aggressively in FreeBSD to optimize performance. I have a 16650 UART, and have decided this must be the problem. Unfortunately I am unsure  of what changes to make to sio.c to lower these settings, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what needs to be changed...

Your help would be really appreciated

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums