Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 2009 17:05:32 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        AN <andy@neu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RealPlayer broken

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 23:45:33 +0000 (GMT) AN wrote:

> On a new install of 8.0RC1, Realplayer fails to start with the following:

> # realplay
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module":
> libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad":
> libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

Those are only diagnostic messages seen when one runs gnome.

> Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

While this is very strange error which I couldn't reproduce until
tomorrow. It occures when using gnome (gdm) and nvidia graphics
card (well, even with vesa video mode). If I use twm RealPlayer
is just fine. I've got that hardware for a couples of hours only
and can't investigate it further.

> uname -a
> FreeBSD core2.fu.bar 8.0-RC1 FreeBSD 8.0-RC1 #0: Thu Sep 17 20:45:19
> UTC 2009     root@almeida.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> i386

> pkg_info:
> gnome2-2.26.3