Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 20:39:17 -0000
From:      norman <Norman.Hasler@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   linux compability

At first, i feel me very pleased that you answered so quickly on my request.
thank you very much.
and there only two points i want asking, to throw away my hasitating bying freebsd.
you mentioned, freebsd is binary compatible to linux and my question is:
can i use the source code from the linux software  and compile it and then it is running ( perhaps a stupid question, apologize me, but i am a new one on unix) or is it only possible to run ready compiled programms and how far goes this compability, the most linux systems uses glibc, is it supported, is freebsd based on the same ?
and the 2nd is, can i use a parallel iomega zip drive and a parallel printer on one machine.