Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 23:56:44 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ugo Paternostro <paterno@dsi.UNIFI.IT>
To:        "Robert J Lynn Jr (TeChYMaN)" <root@techyman.ml.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: ESS 1868 Sound Card not working

On 11-Jun-98 Robert J Lynn Jr (TeChYMaN) wrote about "RE: ESS 1868 Sound Card
not working":
> Actually, i did that. It just says pcm0: device not comfigured. Perhaps
> you wan pcm1?
> all the symlinks for audio, music, midi, mixer, and synthsizer are right.

Do you mean: mixer, sequencer, dsp, audio, dspW, music and pss?

Does this problem appear also doing a "cat audio.file >/dev/audio", or only
using a 16 bit application like amp or mpg123?

I don't know if Luigi's driver was updated in the meanwhile to yell that
message just because it doesn't support 16 bit mode. It's a lot of time I don't
make world on my laptop... :-)

You may want to contact Luigi (try sending a mail to the -multimedia list)

> Robert J. Lynn Jr. (TeChYMaN, TechyMan, rjlynn, TeChY)

Bye, UP