Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:34:05 +0100
From:      "lifo" <freebsd@nbux.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ftpd + rdr (ipfilter)

Hi all,

i have installed a ipfilter firewall (3.4.16) on a freebsd 4.2 - stable box,
i have just one external ip (by my provider).
I have configured my ipfilter box with redirection, all is ok for smtp, web,
pop3...
But for ftpd (port 21 - 20) it can't open data connection, anyone have
already configure it ?
Yes i have already read ipf how-to, but it explain to configure ftpd without
rdr ( with more than a single ip - or just one server without dedicated
firewall...).
I have a solution : it's to redirect all ftpd passives ports (49152 - 65535)
BUT IT'S BAD, VERY BAD !!! ;-))

thanks in advance...