Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 18:31:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
To:        James Splaine <jsplaine@mediaone.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Boot Floppies

they should both fit on regular floppies....are you using fdimage to make
the floppies?

it should go something like this
at a dos prompt
and of course you should be in the same directory that the images are
located and have a copy of fdimage in that directory as well

fdimage kern.flp a:

let me know if this helps

Jason

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, James Splaine wrote:

> Hello
>

> I'm having a major problem with my installation of FreeBSD 4.2.  I cannot
> make the boot floppies on any machine because kern.flp and mfsroot.flp are
> both 1,474,560 bytes and wont fit on any standard 1,457,664 byte floppy
> disks.  I must be doing something wrong but cant figure out what it is.
> Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Jay

G. Jason Middleton

Announcement: