Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:30:00 -0500
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, bitsurfer <bitsurfr@enteract.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSDCon East

>Chicago is a possibility. However, its trade unions are known to
>exploit trade show organizers and exhibitors and so make it more
>difficult to hold a trouble-free convention.
>
>The size of the city isn't really an issue so long as it has
>good air transportation and a sufficiently large hotel to hold
>the convention. Currently, the BSDs are still gathering steam,
>so a moderately large suburban or urban hotel would do. The
>Adam's Mark in Denver, for example, is known to be a very good
>venue for conventions and offers highly discounted weekend rates.

Very good points, but it would be nice to be able to allow a maximum amount
of people to be able to *drive* as well.  Speakingly solely for myself, if
a BSDCon East were to happen, that would be great, and I'd attend - but
only if I were able to drive there.  While Denver is a beautiful place, the
population density is a bit smaller than the Chicago, DC, or Atlanta
areas.  Selfishly, I'd ask for DC.  But, if NYC, Boston, Philly, DC,
Charlotte, or Atlanta came to be, all would have possibilities - both for
myself, and other people who can't afford the airfare.

Just my $0.02.

--John