Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:31:41 -0400
From:      "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE installing php-imap

Hi all,

I have a script that required php-imap extension installed but I keep
running into a 2 snags when 'making' the port (mail/php-imap)...

First, I have to use the -DFORCE_PKG_REGISTER so openssl_overwtite_base
won't kill the make, which seems to work,

and, most importantly,

when the mail/imap-php port tried to actually do the build of the imap part,
it says it can't find (OpenSSLs) 'evp.h' file. I assume it is just failing
on the first file it can't find.

So, I guess the question is, when making the mail/imap-php port, is there a
way to pass the path for the OpenSSL libraries? My libs appear to be in two
places:

server# locate evp.h
/usr/include/openssl/evp.h
/usr/src/crypto/openssl/crypto/evp/evp.h

If I can pass the path, I assume I should use the /usr/include dir, but how?

make -D"--with-openssl=/usr/include/openssl"  ???

TIA,

-Grant