Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2020 21:18:13 +0100
From:      Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
Cc:        ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why are there 1981 p5-* subdirectories in /usr/ports/devel?

Hi!

> I find the number of perl subdirectores in the /usr/ports/devel
> directory pretty annoying to navigate.
> Is there a reason there needs to be 1981 of them?

There are approx. 1300 python ports in devel and approx. 1100 ruby ports.

> Couldn't there be a better
> way to organize all of the perl ports so that they don't clutter
> up the devel directory so much?

Up to now we had no time to implent a different solution.

It's no easy task, therefore it will take quite some investment
in development time to fix this.

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?