Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 15:02:51 -0500
From:      Noah Dunker <ndunker@jccc.net>
To:        'Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe' <mit@branchmedia.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Port redirection

I gave up trying to use ipdivert.  I couldn't ever get it to work the way I
wanted it to, and after reading Greg Lehey's "The Complete FreeBSD", I am
convinced it's not meant to divert to another IP address, but just divert
one port to a different port on the same interface.  What good that does?  I
don't know either.

I use a program called "redirect"

I can't remember where I found it, but It was originally something I ran
under Linux, and I either ran it with linux emulation on my firewall, or I
compiled it from source.  it's command line syntax is something like:

redirect --lport=22 --cport=22 --caddr=192.168.1.12

(--lport = "listen port"   --cport = "connect port"    --caddr = "Connect
address")

If someone knows how to use IPDIVERT to do this, I'm ALL EARS!

Noah Dunker
Systems Analyst/Technician
Johnson County Community College