Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2017 19:39:20 +1000
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>, Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>, "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>, "python@freebsd.org" <python@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Looking for python-pecan

On 6/13/17 5:37 PM, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> On 12-6-2017 17:09, Dimitry Andric wrote:
>> On 12 Jun 2017, at 13:29, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> For one the Ceph port I'm doing I'm going to need python-pecan in het
>>> close future.
>>>
>>> Not sure how this works with python-modules since it is something that
>>> is only used by the ceph-ports. But my guess is that I won't be
>>> able/allowed to just have a post execute like:
>>>
>>> 	ping install python-pecan.
>>
>> Normally you would use pip, ping is something entirely different. :)
>
> 8-D, yup. Some commands are an automaton. Think P, and ping comes out.
>

>> Here is a patch to add a devel/py-pecan port, plus one of its
>> dependencies that is not yet in the ports tree, devel/py-logutils.
>>
>> Tested only very lightly, please take care.
>
> It will get tested more now.
> And now I do not have to make a Pecan port. :)
> Did you submit this (and py-logutils) for acceptance?
>
> --WjW

Hi Willem,

If you are offering to maintain these ports, I would recommend
submitting them yourself, but feel free to CC Dimitry (thank you for
helping to create them) and python@freebsd<dot>org so our python team
committers are notified

Also, prior to submitting them, please confirm the ports (and any future
changes) pass QA (portlint, poudriere, et al). For more information and
instructions see:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/testing.html