Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 1999 02:25:37 +0930 (CST)
From:      Gregory D Lewis <glewis@maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        wadia77@yahoo.com (wadia mohamed al-zantuti)
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: java and XFree86 ?

> i have installed freeBSD 2.2.8 and jdk-1.1.8
> Q) i want to install Graphical user interface
> GUI ,is it nessary to install XFree86.

Yes.

> Q)I have read a document jdk 1.1 for freeBSD
> so how can i set up my DISPLAY environment.

Once you have installed XFree86, read the X man page.  In general, you
won't need to set DISPLAY unless you are doing things remotely (i.e.
this shouldn't be an issue for you).

> Q)What is the meanning of AWT component ?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  AWT = Abstract Window Toolkit
(I think :) and is a graphical toolkit for Java which has essentially
been superseded by the Swing toolkit.

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis@maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide